Thursday, October 30, 2008

Un ano adia & Office Envy


Image00001-reduced
Originally uploaded by red_5_rogue
It's been a roughly a year that I've been in Oregon and at my job. I love both. This year has been great! I've met a ton of cool people and had a lot of fun.

I've been experiencing office envy for a while. I've gone to a number of other engineering and architectural offices, a lot of them I really, really liked. The things I liked about them were their office layouts, location, conference rooms, location, amenities, and location. I would love to be downtown, I would love to have a bigger conference room, I would love to have a view, and I would like to do more things with my coworkers. The picture was taken at local firm that is having a chess tournament after work, they have beer and snacks and the winner gets a Wii, how cool would that be. We don't have enough people, much less anyone that would be able to stay given that most of my coworkers have familial obligations. I did get cake for my one year anniversary at work. And, we do have 2 microwaves.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you realize how important two microwaves really is. Do you really think that bonding with co-workers is as importanat as being able to heat up your lunch the same time as someone else?? You should really weigh those pros and cons, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too big on the toaster, but when we have bagels it is key.

    ReplyDelete

Let JT know what you think.