Sunday, November 9, 2008

Site Visits


As part of my job I have to go to job sites to perform construction services like making sure the curb is at the right height or the bioswale is constructed to our design. This is a screenshot from one of the remote cellular camera the school district has installed at the school construction sites we designed and are performing construction site services at. I pulled up the photo during time during the weekly meeting, my little grey car can be seen under the weather stats (I expanded - so cool!). It is really cool, you can have the website do a time lapse video, I need to perfect it because right now it will only do one day of photos, I want to see a few weeks.


This is a photo of a detention pond for the stormwater runoff, the water will hang out here, to settle out any sediment before it is released off-site, they also put little growies in the pond to make it like a real pond. The green stuff is hydroseed: a mixture of grass seeds, fertilizer, cellulose fiber (newspaper), and mulch - all of this is specified by the specifications and construction drawings including the amount of coverage and weed purity.




This is great! An up close picture of a brown praying mantis that I spotted while walking around. It is sitting on a traffic delineator. The close-up look at hydroseed is also neat.

1 comment:

  1. I told you I would check it out! Well I opened up my new blog tonight, there is not a whole lot on it at the moment but give me a few days! LOL

    BTW- The peanutbutter shaving story made me laugh so hard I had tears! What ever possesed you to use chuncky? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Let JT know what you think.