Friday, July 17, 2009

Book Report - Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

I got the audio version of Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and listened to it straight through in one day of working on one of the bedroom doors. This was a fascinating examination of a number of different people in history who happened to make it big by not necessarily being a genius, but by mostly hard work, using the system to their advantage, being in the right place at the right time, and taking advantage of how they were raised and socialized.

That is just a part of the book, there are so many other examples of other human controlled events that can be considered outliers that I can't write them all down.

When I've listened to other audio books it never really sticks with me unless I concentrate really hard. But, I think that because it was read by the author and the concepts were explained well, I remember a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let JT know what you think.