Thursday, March 11, 2010

Piedmont Neighborhood Update

I just got back from the Piedmont Neighborhood Association meeting, it was great, I signed up to help a local school build a community garden - I'll use my rain barrel skills for good now. It was funny, a woman stood up to introduce herself as a person involved in the Stop The Columbia River Crossing (stopthecrc.org) and a couple of people were also there to promote the $4.2B mega highway, bridge, and lightrail project.

I am going to write a letter to the Portland Parks Department telling them that they should grow fruit trees in their parks, people can enter a lottery to be able to pick bushel of apples when they come ripe, for example.

I'm also going to write a letter to the Portland Bureau of Environmental Services telling them to build more bioswale treatment facilities in our neighborhood. These will treat (and store) road runoff prior to their entry into the UICs that handle our road runoff in this area of Portland.

We may be getting a Farmer's Market soon at Ainsworth and Albina, in the vacant lot there. That would be so great for the area.

1 comment:

Let JT know what you think.