Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dropping Easter Egg bombs on that A!

I just found Dollhouse when I was browsing Hulu last week. It's a pretty good show, there is something about it, I don't know if it flows very well, there is something off about it, but I'm going to keep watching it. The premise is that dolls can be loaded with any persona or combination of personas to be whatever their client wants.

I fell head over heals for "Altered Carbon", "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Angels", and "Woken Furies", by Richard Morgan. All three books are science fiction stories about a dystopian future where people can change bodies, called sleeves, by changing the stack or memory chip. The protagonist in these books is a guy Takeshi Kovacs.

I was watching an episode and the guy that changes the persona in the dolls was talking to another person about a Japanese guy that had made a discovery in brain research or something. I stopped it and zipped back to see if he mentioned Takeshi Kovacs, but he hadn't, dang, I'd hoped he had...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let JT know what you think.