Sunday, March 22, 2009

Midnight Madness

It's always an adventure to walk home down MLK, you are 90% likely to run into a wacko. Case in-point: Saturday night, walking up MLK to catch the 6, had some time after calling the Trimet phone number so I walked up North and came to the Plaid Pantry and I really needed a salty snack, I got a can of Pringles then walked out. I noticed there was a stop right there so I made sure it was for the 6 and ate my chips.

This dude walked up to the stop and said something in a real loud deep voice, I don't know what he said, but it caused me to look up and see a dude with crazy hair like Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future carrying one of the Portland Recycles reusable grocery bags. He came up to me and said he just got out of Detox and they let him keep his space bag. I didn't understand space bag (I must've shaken my head or cocked it to one side like a dog) and so he came closer and showed me. I thought he was talking about the Franzia boxed wine because it has a 'space' (-slash- futuristic) shiny mylar bag inside of it, on second thought he might have just been referring to the bag that the Bureau of Environmental Services has been giving away.

1 comment:

  1. I for one think that bums are good for the environment. Yes, they smell bad but they smell bad because they consume less water. Also, shopping carts do not emit pollutants as they travel down the street and being a nomadic people, they have to make sustainable use of the earth's resources. And most of all, they use public transit.

    ReplyDelete

Let JT know what you think.