Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dog Run

Last Saturday morning I met up with the Red Lizard Running Club for what I thought would be a normal road run. What I didn't know is that every second Saturday dogs are brought out from the Multnomah County Animal Shelter for runners to take on the run. I was like, hey, I'll do this and I was given the most rambunctious Labrador puppy, Kimbo. Kimbo, in Cambodian, means dog who will do everything he can to pull your arm from your socket and trip you.

Actually, it wasn't that bad, Kimbo was super jazzed to be outside and around other dogs so he was constantly pulling to get up to other dogs in the lead. If I ever passed up other people and was out in the front, Kimbo settled down and healed much better.

A weimaraner from a weimaraner rescue program was also brought out for the run. They seem like really cool dogs, I like the grey coloring.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, this makes me all warm and fuzzy. Well, I was already fuzzy, but it still makes me warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weimaraners are the antithesis of cool, if you mean cool like Fonzie. They're hyper and demanding. The grey coat is pretty, tho.

    ReplyDelete

Let JT know what you think.